The Uniquely Finnish services are provided by rural entrepreneurs. The services include: meal and catering services, conference services, accommodation services and program services.
In terms of the meal and catering companies the most important ingredients of the meals such as meat, fish, milk, grain, vegetables and berries must be entirely domestic. In several companies some of the ingredients are produced on the farm itself or within the province/municipality.
The services are provided by highly skilled professionals and assessed by a panel of experts. The panel of service experts emphasises the following aspects:
- the interaction with the customers: friendliness, helpfulness, accessibility and listening to the customers
- cleanliness and technical quality
- comfortable milieu also preserving the nature
- good taste, the degree of domestic origin, and the aesthetic character of the interior design such as furniture and tableware etc.
- the degree of domestic origin of the meals, near food, attending to the seasons while planning the meals
- utilizing the own/local traditions or strengths while planning the agenda/additional services
The accommodation facilities of the rural tourism companies are categorised according to the national standards concerning accommodation facilities. The entrepreneurs constantly maintain their own and their employees' expertise to meet the needs of their customers in terms of the quality of the services and the processes.
The companies carefully follow the laws, proper business etiquette and procedures as well as moral/ethical principles (being just, honest and treating animals properly). The companies also follow the normative guidelines of the standard of sustainable development (attending to the environment, respecting the nature and conserving the landscape quality and features).
The Uniquely Finnish companies have a functional quality management system based on ISO9001:2000 standards or/and quality award criteria. When it comes to foodstuff companies their quality system must include a food safety management system approved by the authorities. The quality management system is assessed while granting the right to use the trade mark and at least every three years there after. The auditing is carried out against the Uniquely Finnish rules and ISO9001:2000 standards or
quality award criteria and it is done by a qualified estimator.
For these reasons we can claim that the nationally-known The Uniquely Finnish –label is a guarantee of quality for consumers and business.